Wednesday, 1 April 2009

I finished Social Climbers by Beth Dunn this afternoon. I really enjoyed it. I think I know these people. In the small town where I'm from, there are a lot of Kitty Kimmel's. They are not quite as mean as Kitty. We don't call these women "Social Climbers", we call then "Wannabes". The AT's are actually real nice and down to earth. I'm sure everyone has experienced these people.

Tonight, as I was leaving work, I saw Queenie's husband walking toward the dumpster outside our building. I think he was going to go dumpster diving, until he saw her walk out. I almost got tickled at his attire. He had on a pair of khaki shorts with an elastic waistband, all the way around. And he had his shirt tucked in. He had the shorts hiked up real high, like a geek. I wish coworker could have seen it. She would have died laughing.

We are supposed to have bad storms tomorrow...again. They are predicting up to 10 inches of rain for some parts of the state. They are also predicting tornadoes. As best as I can remember Friday or Saturday is the 35th anniversary of the bad tornadoes that came through Huntsville. I think we had about 7 in one night. It was bad. I just saw on the Weather Channel where there were 148 tornadoes that day, nationwide. Luckily our neighborhood did not receive any damage, but the power was out for several days. That is a night that I will never forget.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday. If you are in the area of the storms, stay safe.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I have Social Climbers on my book list. Can't wait to read it!

Beth Dunn said...

You are the best! Thank you for the mention. Have a great day. xoxo