Tuesday, 26 May 2009

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I had a nice relaxing weekend. For the first time in years, I did everything as I wanted to.

Friday night, my mother had to go to a graduation and graduation dinner. And, she didn't have to worry about getting back to the store. Since she wasn't going to be home for awhile, I stopped by Books-a-Million and Target. I went on to her house and ate my Cracker Barrel meatloaf dinner and watched Grey Gardens. Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange outdid themselves.

After breakfast on Saturday, I helped my mother clean house. Then we went to lunch and ran some errands. When we got home, we made potato salad for Sunday. My mother makes the best potato salad. After we got the potato salad made, we sat around and watched TV.

Sunday, after church, we went home and made a banana pudding. Then we went over to my sister's in-laws for an early dinner. My sister's mother-in-law had a leg amputated several months ago and is home bound. She wanted us to come over to eat. We had ribs, grilled chicken, smoked sausage, pork chops, baked beans, potato salad, garlic bread, banana pudding, peach cobbler, and peach trifle. I ate so much. Even though it was tiring I think MIL had a good time. My mother, her friend and I went to the cemetery to look at a rose garden planted by one of my mother's former classmates. I picked MIL a rose from one of the bushes. (I didn't get it off a grave, so don't worry about the lightning striking me.) After dinner we went home and watched TV.

Monday, my mother, sister and I went to Huntsville to go to Costco. They were closed. We went to Ulta, Best Buy, Staples, and Publix. My mother did work at the store for a while yesterday afternoon. The cash register jammed and she helped the girls manually figure all of the sales. Normally, Memorial Day is the slowest day at the store, but it was busy yesterday.

Today I did something that I have promised myself that I would do for several weeks. When I got home today, I exercised. Yes, I exercised to a recording of Gilad. I know he's cheesy, but it works. I feel so much better now. I have gotten tired of being stiff every time I stand up. I am going to try to keep it up. When I go to my mother's, I am going to try and walk. She lives in an old neighborhood that has sidewalks. It is a great place to walk.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Lots of good food, family and shopping!