Thursday, 14 May 2009

I was just thinking yesterday, that I have not had a Queenie story for a long time. Actually, she hasn't been so bad, except for the blouse that she wears at least once a week that shows too much of the sisters. I have to train myself to look her right in the eyes.

This afternoon as we were walking out, Queenie was complaining about being broke. I reminded her that tomorrow was payday. She told me that her paycheck was already spoken for. She started complaining about the economy and how hard it has been to really cut back. Then she mentioned that she was thinking about getting a second job. It was all I could do to not say anything. When my coworker and I got on the elevator, I told her about the conversation. She about lost it. I don't know if I've ever said anything about it, but Queenie's husband has not worked any in about 15 years. Yes, 15 YEARS!!! He has no desire to get a job. A few years ago, he was actually handed a job with benefits and good pay and he turned it down. Queenie is always bragging about all the things that he can do and about how smart he is. Yes, he's smart. He has his wife working while he does nothing. I know that Queenie has her quirks, but she is basically a good hearted person and does not deserve this man. I think that she thinks that she can't do any better. I hate to see her being taken advantage of. She could have a better life if she didn't have to support this guy or if he'd get a job. A minimum wage job would be enough.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm heading to Nashville at noon tomorrow. I'll let you all know what treasures that I find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh one of my big pet peeves is the "injured my back at work" men. Then they sit on their duff all day lazing about while the little Mrs. works hers off.
Sure yeah there are "some" folks who do indeed hurt their backs...but there are just too many that milk that system & are perfectly healthy except for their lack of motivation. I feel so sorry for the wives of these dudes - but then again not...these lazy pukes didn't get that way overnight & this probably didn't come as a surprise to the wives.