Saturday, 24 May 2008

So far, we are having an awesome weekend at the store. I hope I don't jinx us by bragging. It was extremely busy yesterday. When I got here at 7:00, my mother was almost frantic. She said that it did not stop from 3:00 until I got here. My sister relieved us for us to go eat dinner. She was almost screaming when we got back. When we look at the figures at the end of the day, it is worth it. My late father would be so proud. The last year that he was alive, we only kept the store open so that he would have somewhere to go every day. Because of BRAC, the economy in this area is not hurting like it is elsewhere, and it is causing our business to really pick up. Has anyone tried the new BudLite Lime? For some reason it doesn't sound good, but it is really selling. I read on MSNBC news that a Belgian beer company was looking at bidding on Anheuser-Busch, but it already looks like it is a done deal. The Bud man is already started delivering Beck's and Stella Artois. Of course, if you don't work with it, you don't notice the changes in the beer companies. You may find this hard to believe, but we don't drink that much. I may have a beer or a glass of wine occasionally, but not very often. And, I do like me a Gin & Tonic every once in a while.

If you have Sirius radio, channel 8, the Big 80's, is counting down Awesome 80's movie music this weekend. I'm listening to it on my computer as I type.

I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend. I'll catch up with you on Tuesday.

No comments: