Thursday, 15 May 2008

Today was very busy. I was responsible for lunch for a meeting for my boss. I ordered from Jason's Deli and had them deliver. I put out soft drinks, ice and ice water. It wasn't too bad...but then I went in the conference room after they were finished and said "OH, MY GOD!" Another girl came running in and gasped. There was garbage everywhere. How can 10 people make such a mess? There were partially drank soft drinks sitting all around. It's a long walk to the kitchen and I can only carry about 3 at a time. Finally Queenie came in and helped.

There was a catered event in what used to be the executive dining room. After it was over the girl in charge brought down the remainder of the desserts...lemon pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Of course I helped myself to a piece. It was yummy. She also gave all the secretaries, including me, a bud vase with fresh tulips in it.

About lunch time, I was walking out of the kitchen that's in front of Queenie's desk when she says in a very loud voice, "I wish these cramps would go away." I wanted to say, "Why don't you say it a little louder, I think there's someone in Miami that didn't hear you." We work on a floor that is about 80% men. As far as they are concerned we don't have female troubles.

No comments: