Thursday, 1 May 2008

The breakfast and lunch for the training class went well, but it was a lot of work. I know that I spent close to 2 hours setting out drinks, bagels, muffins and cookies. Then we had to clean up. The guys in charge of the training seemed really appreciative. After work, I had to go to a meeting of my women's civic group. It was like something off Jerry Springer. Nice well mannered LADIES who love tea parties for fundraisers got into a bickering match. Nobody could discuss, they had to bicker about everything. I was the treasurer last year. My books were audited earlier in the week. The president was not aware of the audit and read us the riot act for not including her. She wouldn't let it rest. One woman told us what she thought of all the projects that we had the last few years and of all the presidents. I didn't think she was going to let up. I excused myself to go to the ladies' room to get away. I thought it would work itself out while I was gone, but NO, they were still at it when I got back. One woman told me she felt like she was about to have an anxiety attack. I can understand why. I hope they calm down before the next meeting. I was so stressed that I had to stop at Publix and get me a chocolate chip yo-yo cookie. I deserved it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to dress really casual for work. I'm going to wear my navy LL Bean chino capris and my new Vineyard Vines St. Patty green polo and some navy sandals. Now watch someone important come in.

1 comment:

lml said...

Love the sound of your casual outfit- I love navy + green