Wednesday, 10 December 2008

CRAZY ALABAMA WEATHER

I kept my eye on the weather overnight. I went to bed with the radio on. The weather alert woke me up a couple of times. The last time was at 3:43 am. We were under a severe thunderstorm watch with possible winds of 60-70 mph. The storm passed through a little after 4:00 am. It is 63 degrees outside now (6:30 am). Two counties to the west is an area that is under a winter storm watch for tomorrow. They are predicting snow showers for tomorrow morning both there and here. By the way, the high this past weekend was about 40 degrees. There are several schools that are delaying opening because of storm damage. One is closed because of all of the damage. Is the weather where you live this crazy? I'll let you know how much snow we get tomorrow. Ha!

I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping. All I lack is my brother-in-law. I have part of his. He requested some homemade Chex mix (nuts and bolts). My mother and I are going to make him some next weekend. I need to find a large container to put it in. I really don't want to go to WalMart until after the holidays.

Have a good day and stay safe if the weather is bad in your area.

1 comment:

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I think the weather is headed our way (in SC). I HATE weather like this because when it is that creepy warm you know there is something bad coming. I wore shorts yesterday to walk the dog it was so warm.