Monday, 1 December 2008

Today was awful at work. When I got back from the post office, I fell between the parking deck and the building. I was trying to carry too much. I had on rubber soled shoes and my foot started dragging on the concrete and I felt myself starting to fall. I gave into it so that I wouldn't fall flat and really hurt myself. The only injuries that I have are the joints on my right pinky and the finger next to it. They bled pretty bad. Tomorrow, I'll either ask for help or carry everything in one at a time. Queenie has not helped much with the mail, but she is quick to criticize when something gets in her mail by mistake. If she complains tomorrow, I'll tell her if she can do better, she can have at it.

Yesterday, my mother and I bought ingredients for chili. We cooked a pot of chili to have for dinner. It was a dreary blustery day and chili sounded perfect. Right before we started to eat, my sister called and invited us over to her house. My brother-in-law had cooked real food, as in, green beans, mac and cheese, pork chops, fried potatoes and biscuits. We cooked some frozen crowder peas and took over there. It was so good. I brought back some chili for lunch and dinner. I need to curb my eating. I don't want to gain too much weight over the holidays.

Did anyone watch Gossip Girl tonight? I hate to say this but Vanessa is growing on me. I know a lot of people don't like her. I heard that someone was going to get killed off. I was hoping that it would not be Vanessa or Jenny. I won't ruin it for those who did not get to see tonight's episode.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I can't believe Nate forgives Vanessa but not Jenny? I guess he must truly "love" Vanessa ;)

Sandra said...

Surely hope you are okay after the tumble in the parking lot... Take care of yourself. Let Queenie carry the mail ;)

k e r r y said...

jeesh - I hope you are OK! sounds like you are but... ouch.