Tuesday, 30 December 2008

I have finally arrived in the 21st Century. My sister and brother-in-law gave me a DVR/VCR combo for Christmas. I have a DVD/VCR combo, but the VCR does not work. I wanted a DVD recorder. I didn't realize that my TV was as out of date as it was. I haven't had it that long, I don't think. My brother-in-law told me to hook it up to the auxillary plugs on the back. They are colored coded. My TV didn't have auxillary plugs on the back. I went to Best Buy so I could see a floor model of my DVR/VCR and I explained my problem. No problem, they have an adapter that I can buy. It was not very expensive. I bought it, brought it home and hooked everything up in less than 15 minutes. I'm good to go. Now all I need to do is program it to record my shows: Gossip Girl, Desparate Housewives, Ugly Betty, Lipstick Jungle and To the Manor Born. As you can see, I only watch quality programming. I'm going to test out my DVR by attempting to record The Barefoot Contessa.



There's a sweater at LL Bean that I think I want. It is the navy/natural birds-eye cardigan. I have a $10 gift card and it is on sale. I need another sweater like I need a hole in the head, but I want it. I told myself before Christmas that if it went on sale, I was going to buy it. Now I'm having second thoughts. What do you think?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Of course, you need it ;-)

Kate said...

You are going to love DVR! I had night classes 3 nights a week and would have missed all my fav shows if I didn't have DVR

Tickled Pink And Green said...

OMG I just saw that sweater in my post Christmas catalog and I've been thinking about it for several days!! I LOVE that sweater, although I would prefer it to be not a cardigan but a pullover, but I just love the pattern so much I'm probably going to get it.

I have an LL Bean Visa and have about 4 "coupons" worth $10 each so it's almost paid for.

Oh and about the DVR, you will wonder how you lived without one soon.