Saturday, 20 December 2008

My mother's eye surgery went fine. We had to be there Thursday morning at 5:00 am. They did not start the surgery until 7:30. We were on the road home by 10:30. When we got to her house at 1:00, both of us headed straight to a bed. I slept solid for about 2 hours. Yesterday, she was fine. Her eye was just red. Her follow-up appointment is Christmas Eve. The appointment is not until 10:50, so we don't have to wake up quite as early.

I worked at the store last night. Every day's a full moon there. Last night, a woman came in and she was talking on her cell phone. She was standing in front of the cash register, talking loud enough for everyone to hear. When she finally hung up, she said, "I was talking to the Lord. Sometimes, I have to put him on hold, but he doesn't mind." I thought, "She was talking to him on her cell phone?" I think she might have been a little bit crazy.

Our family still has not decided when to have our Christmas dinner. We usually eat it on Christmas Eve night and have the leftovers on Christmas Day, but my mother and I have to work at the store Wednesday nght. We thought about Tuesday, but it does not seem right. We may have it Christmas Day. My mother and I were discussing last night that we may not have ham or turkey, but smothered pork chops. My sister's foster son has a 15 year old brother that is in some kind of home an hour away. My sister and brother-in-law get him for the holidays. The home was not going to let him come up here for Christmas because there was a boy that had no where to go and they wanted the brother to stay there with him so that he won't have to stay alone for the holidays. My sister told them to send him to her house. We decided that we would put all the leaves in the table and have a great big family dinner, just the seven of us. We need to go somewhere today and get the 2 boys some little something for Christmas. I think we are going to open our gifts tomorrow so that the 2 boys don't have to watch us.

I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the weekend.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

What thoughtful, kind, generous people you all are!! Merry, Merry Christmas! Have a great family dinner!

Kate said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well :)