Monday, 16 March 2009

I haven't posted in a few days. Friday, I was supposed to leave work at noon, but I didn't leave until 1:00. I got tied up with lunch leftovers. When I got to my mother's, I got busy making the filling for cucumber sandwiches. It turned out great, if I do say so myself. I was able to make 88 finger sandwiches. I only had to feed about 20-25 people.

The shower for my cousin's daughter-in-law went great. The food was delicious. We had cucumber sandwiches, chicken salad in fillo cups, sausage balls, cheese straws, spinach dip, cupcakes and punch. A cousin that has cancer made a ton of baby shower mints and a pair of baby booties out of the mint dough. A southern lady soiree is not complete without sausage balls and cheese straws. My cousin does not like the daughter-in-law's sister at all, but was forced to invite her. She behaved, but I could tell that she can be a bully. My sister told horror stories about her. Everybody seemed to have a good time and the baby got tons of presents. It will not have to go naked. After it was over, I went back to my mother's house and took an hour nap.

Yesterday was another lazy day. After church, my mother and I ate lunch with her friend. Afterwards, we went to two cemeteries and then home. We took a 30 minute nap. I don't know what the reason for the naps was.

Today was a quiet day at work. Everyone is out for spring break. I paid bills, did my taxes, read and called LL Bean. I was looking for a long Bayside Twill skirt, but they only had one left and it was not my size. I guess I'm going to have to find another source for twill skirts.

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Will you share your recipe for chicken salad? It's my favorite and southerners always have the best recipes!