Saturday, 21 March 2009

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. It is gorgeous outside here in North Alabama. The sun is shining bright and there is not a cloud in the sky. The high today is supposed to be 66. On days like today, I just want to get in my car and drive to wherever my car takes me. Supper Club is going to eat in a town about 2o miles away. We have to be there at 5:30, but we are leaving at 4:20. We are going to take our time and enjoy the beautiful day.

A friend of the family just came in and bought a 12 pack of Coors Light. He said that his son, who was a pallbearer at my father's funeral, called him from Ireland. He is on his way home from Iraq and wanted a 12 pack of beer sitting in his refrigerator when he got home. I should have gave it to him. Maybe we can give him another thing of beer before he goes back. He goes back in a few weeks, but will be home for good in September.

I gained a pound this past week. I'm hoping that it was what I ate last night. It was good, but a little too salty for my taste. I decided that Monday night, I am going to walk on the treadmill. I am going to start out slow and build up. I try to take the stairs at work when I can, but in the past few months, sometimes when I start down the stairs, I have a split second panic attack. Our HR Director caught me having a slight attack one day and advised me not to take them. I was surprised, because she never takes the elevator, always the stairs.

Everything seems to be working out with the store. (I hope I don't jinx us) The buyer's loan was approved and the appraiser will be here tomorrow. A couple of weeks ago, the people that lease the restaurant decided that they didn't want it anymore. Yesterday, they said that they changed their minds. I think there were some minor problems that caused them to make a hasty decision. My mother is questioning whether we are doing the right thing. I know how she feels. I think with everything working out the way it is, we are. The buyer is a nice person who loves people and loves owning a liquor store. She said that she has wanted this store for a long time and was just waiting for the appropriate time to approach us. I think she will take the store and love it like my father did. I hope the customers will show her as much love and respect as they did us.

I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of their weekend.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I hope everything works out with the store. You work so hard, you deserve a little break!

I went walking today and thought of you when I went in the Pendleton store on the square. They have such pretty stuff for spring but very dear! $148 for a pretty sweater. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts on the twelve-pack of beer are great, it would be so cool to give him one.

We are hoping everything goes as you and your mother hope with the store, it almost sounds like it is in the "meant to happen" category from the way you are describing it....maybe? We just wish good things for you, and as Mom on the Run says, you work so hard!

Sending good thoughts,
tp