Saturday, 26 April 2008

Last night I worked at Relay for Life. It is such a good cause, plus my sister is on the committee. I always get teary-eyed when the survivors walk around the track. In our town, Relay for Life is like going to the fair. Different groups have tents and sell things to raise funds. One team had a China theme. A man gave rick-shaw rides to raise money. I thought that was cute. Our team sold BBQ sandwiches, popcorn and lemonade. One team sold fried Oreos. I have never heard of that. They dipped Oreos in pancake batter and deep fried them. They were really good. You know us Southerners, we love our fried food. The team also sold pinto beans, onions and cornbread. All Southerners, but me, like pintos. After all that eating, I got up and went to the Kiwanis pancake breakfast this morning. I never want to see food again...at least not until lunchtime. I'm hoping to make a trip to Huntsville this afternoon. I want to go to The Pink Pelican to order a pair of Stephen Bonanno's. I still haven't decided what color that I want. I'm leaning towards the Ermine/Sable. I want a pair that I can wear with a lot of stuff. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oooh- Bonanos is having a sale. I will post the info shortly.

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

Just wanted to let you know...I cannot stand pinto beans. Bleh! I am also trying to figure out white bonanos to get!